Thursday, December 2, 2010

December Rush



December is here, the busiest time of year for many. Those of us working in social services are certainly not exempt (it’s not as bad now as when I was working for the Salvation Army, but that’s a story for another day) so what a time for by Blackberry calendar to stop synching properly!


I’ve already been double booked once due to this technological fail, and as a result had to beg on hands and knees to get a taxi approved for my client so she can go to the food bank before Christmas.

Only 15 days until vacation…

2 comments:

  1. You used to work for SA? I put a FB status update about those bell ringers just yesterday. They judge you when you don't put money in the till.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yup. I was at one of their women's shelters though, so no bell ringing for me.
    My daughter always wants to put money in their pots, so I usually give her a few coins. So we get the "isn't that cute!" look instead of the judgemental stares.

    ReplyDelete