Tuesday, December 28, 2010

(Almost) Back

So I’m back in the real world (and the blog world) after a (mostly) lovely Christmas vacation. AM is still off, so the kiddo is home with him today, meaning that my first morning back run-around was significantly simpler than usual. Between that, and the lighter holiday season traffic, I was at work pretty early. So early in fact, that, ah, there was no one here…and the door was locked. There was a Very Helpful Sign on the door that said “Dear tenants, the building will be closed on December 27 and 28, 2010 for statutory holidays.”

Uh, yeah. See Christmas and Boxing both fell on a weekend this year, so there apparently had been some variation in how companies worked this out – my agency gave us Friday and Monday as stats, and the building company apparently decided that Monday and TUESDAY would be better. I returned to my car, and parked with a view of the door to see if anyone else showed up. They did, and apparently had some super-secret, special way of getting in the building (how was I to know that our swipe cards would work for the outer door too?) and I followed them in. So everything worked out, but for arriving so early, I won’t also get to leave as early as I thought I would at end of day, since I didn’t start working until later. *grumble grumble*

Can’t wait till Friday, when we’re off for New Years. And at least I’ll know what to do NEXT week when the building will be closed on MONDAY.

1 comment:

  1. This is what you get for being responsible. Next time you'll know better, won't you?

    ReplyDelete