Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Suggestions Needed!

Is there a proper term for the buzzers in apartment buildings? The other day I caught myself writing this in my client notes: “I buzzed Charles* unit, but there was no response.”

Uh, that does NOT sound right. I changed it to “I buzzed Charles apartment” which is definitely an improvement, but I’d still rather use another word! Since I tend to rely on repeating simple phrases as a way to make my note writing go more quickly, I can’t help but wonder how many times I’ve written that sentence in other client’s notes. Oh dear.

Help, anyone?

*obviously not his real name


  1. I would write that, "Rang doorbell at client's apartment. No one answered."


  2. Yeah, rang works, attempted visit, no response - we usually call the outdoor entryphones either entryphone or intercom systems. I think the importance is that the meaning is transmitted though :)

  3. Hmm, it's not really a doorbell, intercom might work though. I think I knew there were other words out there, I just got stuck on "buzzer" and my brain wouldn't let it go!