1. When my supervisor assigns me a new client she is not trying to sabotage me. She is trying to get me to do my job.
2. When a client repeatedly cancels/misses appointments, there is likely something making it hard for them to come. It’s nothing against me.
3. When it is something against me, this is okay too. Not everybody has to like me. I will not be the best match for everyone. Learn from it.
4. Doctors are people too. They are likely rolling their eyes right back at me.
5. A client’s goals for themselves need to come before my goals for them.
6. When clients are skeptical because “you look too young to help me” remember – you’re a lot less young than when they were saying this to you 5 years ago!
7. Caring for myself will help me to care for others.
8. People will come and go, but paperwork is forever.
9. It’s okay to drown your sorrows with pizza and a half bottle of Shiraz on Friday night.
Tell me Going Mental readers - what reminders do you need to keep yourself going?